- Weed early in the year and regularly. Do a thorough job in early spring and weekly maintenance will be no big deal.
- On average, vegetable gardens do best with 1” water per week. A simple and inexpensive rain gage will tell how much water the garden has received.
- When additional irrigation is necessary, water in the morning and not in the evening.
- When hand watering, aim at the base of the plant not the foliage.
- Use organic natural fertilizers. Your plants will be healthier and so will you.
- Avoid walking on planting beds.
Visit the Vegtables Forum at GreatLakesGardeners.com to get answers to your growing vegetables questions. To ask a new question, Register if you haven't already done so(it's free and helps protect the forum from spam), click on Start New Topic, enter your question and click on Post New Topic.
You may also appreciate these books on growing vegetable gardens.